The highlight of many highlights for was the integration of our two new children, Aishwarya age 10 and her sister Melikysa age 4 into the Indreni Home. To see how the children embraced them and made them welcome was a joy to witness and humbling beyond words. They are both thriving in the home and their Dad is thrilled that they are being cared for and educated, he now sees a future for them , that is worth doing I think !!
So what else happened?
- School painted inside and out.
- Veg garden cleared and prepared for planting.
- New computer set up for Ram Hari. Great work Jake!!
- Laptops for our college grads, x3
- Galaxy Pro for the kids.
- Funding the building of Volunteer home in village .Work has already started, Rabin and Gelu, from the Indreni Home, will be the first volunteers in June.
- Purchase of 200 schoolbags for the village school.
- Committed to fund another teacher in village school.
- Purchased €2500 worth of yoga floor covering for Indreni Home.
- We have a sponsor to plant the land around Ram Hari’s house in the mountains, this will give local employment as well as allowing for self-sufficiency in fruit and figs, eventually leading to commercial enterprise.
- We connected with an IT company Olive Media who have agreed to become a partner. They will do workshops for the kids, as well as giving practical career advice and opportunities.
- The MD has already met with Gelu and Prakash, and has committed to giving them an internship.
- The girl’s workshops were a huge success. Well done Orlagh, Shona and Mollie, it was brilliant to see the reaction of the girls, Sabina told me it was one of the best things she ever did.
- AMAZING, this is a fantastic marker for the future, consider that most teenage girls their age will already have left school. What an impact from the Irish Girls!!!
- We had photographers on tour who documented our trip from many angles! You can view all the amazing photographs taken by Kevin here.
- We had also captured some fantastic drone footage of our home and of our schools, recorded by Zach. You can watch some of it here.